Chawal(Rice) ke fare is a north Indian recipe which is being prepared during festival days. it is a steam food so it is healthy and delicious. The other name of fara is Pitha or Goja. Fara is very healthy dish so make it for your breakfast of snacks any day any time.
Step by step direction:
- Soak 2 bowl rice (any rice) , 1 bowl chana (Gram) dal and1/3 masoor dal for about 5 hours.
- Take mixer grinder add Channa dal and masoor dal without water , add 5 pcs red whole chili, 5 pcs garlic, 1 teaspoon cumin seed,1teaspoon Asafoetida (Hing) salt according to taste. Blend it smoothly in a fine paste . if required add little water.
- Transfer in a bowl add 1 teaspoon turmeric and coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Take mixer grinder add soaked rice and little water blend it into fine paste.
- Then put a kadai heat it on medium flame , add desi ghee and rice paste , cook it well on medium flame it it become dough . Transfer in bowl and let it come on room temp , knead properly.
- Heat a steamer and place a plate with small pores , grease the plate with oil or ghee.
- Take a small portion of rice atta roll it like roti and cut into round shape. fill it with dal stuffing and place into steamer, steam it about 10-15 minutes.
- serve hot with chutney (Green or red cutney)